FIND YOUR NEXT HOME by...
3 Home Staging Tips for Selling a HomePosted by Homes of Minnesota Team on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 at 11:37pm.
It is the selling season in Minnesota. When it comes to selling home, staging can make a world of difference.
“Home staging” is the practice of preparing a home for sale in the real estate marketplace by making it more visually appealing, while reducing clutter and removing personal items. Whether your house has been on the Twin Cities real estate market for a while or has just been put up for sale for the first time, it is always best to do some home staging for when potential buyers come around.
Here are some things to keep in mind when staging your home for the Twin Cities real estate market:
1. Do some research. Read staging blogs, look at photographs, and attend other open houses. Learn what a staged home looks like and get some ideas of what can be done with your own home.
2. Clean and depersonalize. Though you might be thinking you want your house to look like it’s in Better Homes and Gardens, that’s not really what staging is about. The goal of staging is to create a canvas the potential buyer can visually imagine what they would do with your home. That means clean and crisp, void of clutter and storing away personal knick-knacks and family photos.
3. Stage what you can. It is not a necessity to stage the whole house. Stage the main living areas, like the living room and kitchen, and then stage at least one bedroom. If there is a room that doesn’t really serve a specific purpose, it may be a good idea to stage it in a manner that shows potential home buyers how it can be used.
Though there are great people available to stage your home, sellers don’t necessarily have to home a professional around to make their space look good. Take some of the tips explored here and see what works for you and your home.
Good luck with your staging! And if you need help, don’t be shy about reaching out to a talented Minnesota home stager.
1 Response to "3 Home Staging Tips for Selling a Home"
Leave a Comment
Log in, to view your saved searches and add to your favorite listings.
... So You Can:
- View detailed property information
- Print detailed property flyers
- Save your searches & favorite homes
- Inquire about a private showing
- Map individual property locations
- Share your favorite homes with friends