FIND YOUR NEXT HOME by...
Stillwater MN Real Estate
For those looking for a growing community that still has a small town feel, Stillwater is worth checking out. Many residents and business have nestled into the bluffs of the Saint Croix River to call this city home. An easy twenty minute commute from Saint Paul, Stillwater has all the benefits of big city life without having to live there. If living in this historic and beautiful town sounds interesting, perhaps it is time to start looking at real estate for sale in Stillwater, MN. Read More
Real Estate in Stillwater Minnesota
123 Search Results Found. Showing Results 1 - 8.
Amidst towering oaks, savanna & prairie grass overlooking 165' Lake McDonald shoreline. This...
Twin Cities Power couple to sell LAKEFRONT hideaway in the birthplace of Minnesota! Presenting...
A pillared entrance welcomes you to your private estate on Long Lake w/classic home, pool+addl...
Magnificent custom built home in prestigious Galway. Cambria products, cherry cabinets & built-ins,...
MILLION DOLLAR, BREATH TAKING PANORAMIC VIEWS OF ST. CROIX RIVER! GORGEOUS 2005 CUSTOM BUILT...
CopperCrest Model Home. This Home embraces exceptional Design, Elements & Craftsmanship. Lot...
Stillwater Minnesota Information
Stillwater is a city that serves as the county seat in Washington County, Minnesota. Stillwater is often referred to as the birthplace of Minnesota because a territorial convention that began the process of establishing the state was held here in 1848. Minnesota officially became a territory in 1849 and became a state in 1858. Stillwater was officially incorporated as a city March 4, 1854: the very same day as Minnesota's capital city of St. Paul. Stillwater is the oldest county seat within the state's boundaries. This rich history is evident in Stillwater's downtown districts. The used bookstores, antique shops, and restaurants make this city a popular day trip destination for tourists.
Stillwater MN Homes for Sale
Stillwater has incredible examples of 19th-century Queen Anne, Second Empire, Stick, and Prairie style residential architecture. There are modest starter homes for sale in well-established Stillwater neighborhoods and new housing developments constructed on the outskirts of the city. More recently, there have been condominiums and town homes added. From stately historic homes and contemporary mansions to ramblers and condos, there is a home for sale in Stillwater Minnesota to suite any taste and budget!
In June 2007, the average price for single family homes for sale in Stillwater, MN was $375,764, but homes here generally range in price from $ 154,900 - $3,750,000. After the 2000 Census, the population was calculated at 15,143. In July 2006, that number had jumped to 17,781, an over 17% change in five years!
Stillwater, MN New Homes
The reasons for choosing to buy a new home over an existing home are different for everyone. Below are a few points that are often brought up in the new home or resale home debate:
- Location, location, location! Older, established neighborhoods tend to be in the town's center. New subdivisions are generally on the outskirts. The expense of a daily commute is one factor to consider.
- Money Talks: Existing homes are usually less expensive per square foot, in part because of escalating land costs. However, ownership costs tend to be more predictable in a new home. For an existing home, price is more readily negotiable, but many builders won't budge on a new home sale price.
- Neighborhood: In an established community, there tends to be more diversity among neighbors, older people, singles, families and renters. New developments often create a neighborhood lifestyle, such as family-oriented with lots of children, retirement communities with older residents, or neighborhoods with a focus on outdoor activities.
When you have decided to build a new home, it's vital to choose who will build it carefully. This is one of the most important decisions you can make in a lifetime. The search for a Stillwater MN home builder begins with deciding what type of building program you would like to pursue.
- Do you already own the lot? If so, it would be in your best interest to discover what builders have "build on your lot" programs.
- Do you want your home to be unique? Check out what types of one-of-a-kind homes are available from small scale builders
- Want it done all "your way?" Then compare and contrast several custom home builder options.
Build the home of your dreams in Stillwater by seeking the right home builder for your needs.
Stillwater Minnesota Realtors
The further you get into the process of selling or buying a home, the more difficult the task becomes. Choosing an expert Realtor to protect your interests and keep you informed every step of the way is important. The Realtors at Barker & Hedges are dedicated to providing personalized guidance and support to each individual client. Our agents will work closely with you to provide support, knowledge, advice, and negotiate on your behalf to create a much less stressful transaction. Whether you desire to buy or sell a home, the Realtors at Barker & Hedges will make sure you are 100% satisfied before handing over the keys. Remember: Finding a qualified Real Estate Expert to represent you is important. Let your search end here by calling the Realtors at Barker & Hedges today!
Discover great homes in Stillwater MN and contact the Realtors at Barker & Hedges with any questions you have about the market and their superior agent services.
Log in, to view your saved searches and add to your favorite listings.
... So You Can:
- View detailed property information
- Print detailed property flyers
- Save your searches & favorite homes
- Inquire about a private showing
- Map individual property locations
- Share your favorite homes with friends
St. Paul Neighborhoods
- Battle Creek & Highwood
- Como Park
- Dayton's Bluff
- Downtown St. Paul
- St. Paul Eastside
- Hamline - Midway
- Highland Park
- Macalester - Groveland
- Merriam Park
- St. Paul North End
- Payne - Phalen
- St. Anthony
- St. Paul Lofts
- Summit Hill
- Summit - University
- Thomas Dale
- West 7th
- West Side
Twin Cities Suburbs
- Falcon Heights
- Inver Grove Heights
- Mendota Heights
- West St. Paul
- White Bear Lake