Did you know that you live in the second happiest state in the entire U.S.? A recent study done by the finance website, WalletHub, ranked Minnesota #2 in their analysis of the happiest states in our union.WalletHub compiled a list of factors that went into determinng the happiest ...
Homes For Sale in Stillwater
For those looking for a growing community that still has a small town feel, Stillwater is worth checking out. Many residents and business have nestled into the bluffs of the Saint Croix River to call this city home. An easy twenty minute commute from Saint Paul, Stillwater has all the benefits of big city life without having to live there. If living in this historic and beautiful town sounds interesting, perhaps it is time to start looking at real estate for sale in Stillwater. Read More
Stillwater Real Estate Information
Stillwater is a city that serves as the county seat in Washington County, Minnesota. Stillwater is commonly known as the birthplace of Minnesota. Minnesota was officially named a territory in 1849 and in 1858 it became a state.
Stillwater was named a city officially in 1854. Stillwater is the oldest county seat within the state's boundaries. This rich history is evident in Stillwater's downtown districts. The used bookstores, antique shops, and restaurants make this city a popular day trip destination for tourists.
Stillwater has incredible examples of 19th-century Queen Anne, Second Empire, Stick, and Prairie style residential architecture. There are modest starter homes for sale in well-established Stillwater neighborhoods and new housing developments constructed on the outskirts of the city.
More recently, there have been condominiums and townhomes added. From stately historic homes and contemporary mansions to ramblers and condos, there is a home for sale in Stillwater to suite any taste and budget!
Stillwater New Homes
The reasons for choosing to buy a new home over an existing home are different for everyone. Below are a few points that are often brought up in the new home or resale home debate:
- Location, location, location! Older, established neighborhoods tend to be in the town's center. New subdivisions are generally on the outskirts. The expense of a daily commute is one factor to consider.
- Money Talks: Existing homes are usually less expensive per square foot, in part because of escalating land costs. However, ownership costs tend to be more predictable in a new home. For an existing home, price is more readily negotiable, but many builders won't budge on a new home sale price.
- Neighborhood: In an established community, there tends to be more diversity among neighbors, older people, singles, families and renters. New developments often create a neighborhood lifestyle, such as family-oriented with lots of children, retirement communities with older residents, or neighborhoods with a focus on outdoor activities.
When you have decided to build a new home, it's vital to choose who will build it carefully. This is one of the most important decisions you can make in a lifetime. The search for a Stillwater home builder begins with deciding what type of building program you would like to pursue.
- Do you already own the lot? If so, it would be in your best interest to discover what builders have "build on your lot" programs.
- Do you want your home to be unique? Check out what types of one-of-a-kind homes are available from small scale builders
- Want it done all "your way?" Then compare and contrast several custom home builder options.
Build the home of your dreams in Stillwater by seeking the right home builder for your needs.
Choosing a qualified Realtor who knows Stillwater is the first task to complete when considering buying or selling a home in the area. The transaction process of buying or selling a home can be daunting, so it's a great idea to have a Realtor who knows the ins and outs of the industry in your corner.
The Barker Hedges Group get 70% of their business from client referrals, which means this team of Realtors is doing something right. We dedicate ourselves to top notch, personalized customer service. We know Stillwater well and have had countless successful transactions in this area over the years. We will negotiate on your behalf and get you the best value for your money. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you buy or sell a home in the Stillwater area.
Discover great homes in Stillwater and contact the Realtors at the Barker Hedges Group with any questions you have about the market and their superior agent services.