5 Minnesota Cities Among the Best for Young People
Five Minnesota cities have been named among the 100 best communities for young people. The cities of Edina, Landfall, Mankato-North Mankato, Northfield and St. Louis Park all made the list created by America's Promise Alliance.
The organization created list using what they call Five Promises for the success of young people: caring adults, safe places, a healthy start, an effective education and opportunities to help others.
The Twin Cities suburb Edina made the list for the first time. Northfield and Landfall have made the list twice. Mankato-North Mankato and Saint Louis Park were among the top 100 for the fourth time.
- Edina was named one of the nation's 100 Best because of its community-wide commitment to raising healthy young people, fostering youth leadership and cultivating high-achieving students.
- Landfall was named one of the nation's 100 Best for its long-time commitment to meet the needs of local young people.
- Mankato-North Mankato was named one of the nation's 100 Best because of the community's investment in young people, preparing them to be productive and successful future leaders.
- Northfield was named one of the nation's 100 Best because of its commitment to providing an environment that nurtures and supports its youth.
- St. Louis Park was named one of the nation's 100 Best because of its holistic view of youth as resources to nurture from a young age through the college years.
More than 350 communities in all 50 states and Washington, DC were nominated, and the top 100 were chosen by a panel of business, civic and nonprofit leaders.
Read more at My Fox Twin Cities.